Highgate Primary School is a Local Intake school. To apply you must reside in our catchment area.
All student applications are to be submitted online only.
Email ALL the relevant documents to Highgate.PS.Enrolments@education.wa.edu.au.
Kindergarten to Year 6
Every child from Pre-primary to Year 6 is guaranteed a place at their local public school.
We are accepting Kindergarten enrolments for 2023. Applications for Kindergarten close Friday 22 July 2022. (Places in Kindergarten may be limited, so we encourage you to apply now)
We are currently taking Application for Enrolment (Part A).
- If your child is 4 years old by 30 June 2023 they are eligible for Kindergarten in 2023.
- If your child is 5 years old by 30 June 2023 they are eligible for Pre-Primary in 2023.
Highgate Primary School is a local intake school and you must reside in our catchment area. Documents you will need to supply NOW include:
- Completed Application for Enrolment Form (Part A) - Enrolment FAQ
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's immunisation record - Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) history statement (an AIR copy can be obtained from Medicare)
- Proof of residential address
- a CURRENT Rates notice or
- a CURRENT rental agreement
- Current utility bill
- Child's Passport
- Parents Passport
- Visa Grant Notice - showing subclass, grant number and expiry date
- Copies of Family Court Orders if applicable.
***PLEASE NOTE: An application can only be made at ONE GOVERNMENT SCHOOL***
If your application is successful, you will be contacted to complete the Application for Enrolment Form (Part B).
- The ‘Application for Enrolment' form(Part A) is an application only.
- Submitting an application does not mean the enrolment has been accepted by the school.
- Enrolment in a Kindergarten Program in a school does not guarantee a child a place in a Pre-primary program at the same school in the following year.
- A parent must apply for their child’s enrolment in Kindergarten and again the following year for Pre-primary.
- When completing the application for enrolment, please record any special needs, disabilities or health issues, so the school can put processes in place to support the student.
If you are interested in enrolling your child at Highgate Primary School, please contact our school via email.
Highgate Primary School is less than 2 kilometres north of the centre of Perth city. It is approximately a 30 minute walk from GPO to school. Head north on Beaufort Street to Lincoln Street (one street north of Bulwer Street). Highgate Primary School is 200 metres north-west of the intersection of Lincoln Street and Beaufort Street.
The school is bounded by Lincoln Street, Bulwer Avenue, Bulwer Street and Grant Street.
As of August 2013 ALL enrolments for international students on temporary visas must be made directly to TAFE International WA. Please contact them directly at:
Telephone : (08) 9218 2100
Intensive English Program
Students wishing to enrol in our Intensive English Program require a referral from their current local primary school. Enrolment is subject to an interview process and dependent on the students' needs as well as the schools capacity. We can arrange an interpreter to assist in the enrolment process.