Pre-Primary to Year 6
Highgate is a local intake school and you must reside in our catchment area. We invite you to telephone the school on 08 9253 2700 and request an Enrolment appointment/interview. Appointments are scheduled between 9.00am and 2.00pm daily during school term. Documents you will need to supply include:
- (Pre Primary to Year 6) Completed Application for Enrolment Form PP TO YEAR 6 2019 (Part A) or Application for Enrolment Form PP TO YEAR 6 2020 (Part A) - Enrolment FAQ
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's Passport
- Parents Passport
- Visa Grant Notice - showing subclass, grant number and expiry date
- Child's immunisation record - Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) history statement (an AIR copy can be obtained from Medicare)
- Proof of address (either a CURRENT Rates notice or CURRENT Tenancy agreement and a utilities bill)
- Copies of Family Court Orders if applicable.
***PLEASE NOTE: An application can only be made at ONE GOVERNMENT SCHOOL***
If you are interested in enroling your child at Highgate Primary School, please contact our school on (08) 9253 2700 or via email.
Documents can be brought along to the interview or submitted by email in advance.
Highgate Primary School is less than 2 kilometres north from the centre of Perth city. It is approximately a 30 minute walk from GPO to school. Head north on Beaufort Street to Lincoln Street (one street north of Bulwer Street). Highgate Primary School is 200 metres north-west of the intersection of Lincoln Street and Beaufort Street.
The school is bounded by Lincoln Street, Bulwer Avenue, Bulwer Street and Grant Street.
Please complete and submit -
- (Kindergarten) Completed Application for Enrolment Form - KINDERGARTEN 2019 (Part A) or Application for Enrolment Form - KINDERGARTEN 2020 (Part A) and we will add you to our wait list.
- The ‘Application for Enrolment’ form is an application only.
- Submitting an application does not mean the enrolment has been accepted by the school.
- Enrolment in a Kindergarten Program in a school does not guarantee a child a place in a Pre-primary program at the same school in the following year.
- A parent must apply for their child’s enrolment in Kindergarten and again the following year for Pre-primary.
- When completing the application for enrolment, please record any special needs, disabilities or health issues, so the school can put processes in place to support the student.
2020 Kindergarten and Pre-Primary Enrolments
Applications for 2020 are currently open
At Highgate Primary School our timelines are -
- July 2019 - Applications for enrolment in Kindergarten
- August 2019 - Current Kindergarten enrol in Pre-Primary
- 13 August - Pre Primary Enrolments open
- 30 August - Pre Primary Enrolments close
- October 2019 - Places are offered
- November 2019 - Parents are invited to Kindergarten and Pre-Primary Orientation sessions
- February 2020 - Students commence
As of August 2013 ALL enrolments for international students on temporary visa's must be made directly to Tafe International WA. Please contact them directly at:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.tafeinternational.wa.edu.au
Telephone : (08) 9218 2100
Intensive English Program
Students wishing to enrol in our Intensive English Program require a referral from their current local primary school. Enrolment is subject to an interview process and dependant on the students needs as well as the schools capacity. We can arrange an interpreter to assist in the enrolment process.